General instructions/Guidelines for the assignment:
- Assignments should be submitted via the official portal of MSBM only as Microsoft word document (.doc or .docx), and Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx), Assignments submitted via other means will not be considered.
- Kindly adhere to the format requirements (Essay, Memo, Letter, Report, Research, Presentation etc.) and submit the assignment as per the instructions given.
- Make sure to write your full name and correct the Programme/Module name using the official OTHM/MSBM Title page.
- The Word count for each task must match the required word count for that task. If the word count is provided only for the entire assignment and not task by task or question by question. You can choose the word count of each task/question, however, the entire assignment should adhere to the word count limit.
- The word count of 2000-2500 words will apply where the assignment has not mentioned any word count. You could lose marks if you write 10% more or less than this.
- Submit only the completed assignment that will include all the tasks and each task must answer all the instructions within that task.
- Assignments will be reviewed only if they are completed with all the tasks/questions. Please do not send each task/question separately.
- All documents will be checked for plagiarism. Any report found to be plagiarised for more than 15% would be rejected immediately. You can request a scan before submitting the assignment to know if you need to rephrase some parts of the assignment.
- Make sure to insert correct in-text citations when drafting an assignment and a list of references as per the Harvard Referencing Style is to be provided at the end of the whole assignment. (Not end of each task)
- There should be at least 18 referred sources for your assignment. All sources must be mentioned in the in-text citation and the reference list. If there in-text citation and references do not match, the institute reserve the right to reject the assignment.
- All assignments will be sent for review and until the assignment status shows “Completed”, kindly keep checking for feedback and do the needful accordingly.
- Assignments should be saved as; Programme Name _ (Candidate Full Name) _ (Candidate Code)_(Unit Abbreviation). i.e. MBA_ John Smith_00123456_ ABRM
You are required to choose a business organisation with which you are familiar in order to identify the organisation’s competitive strategies.
In addition, you are asked to identify different business organisations in a similar industry to allow for informative comparisons to be made.
You are advised to check with your tutor that your choice of business organisation is appropriate.
Task 1 of 1 – Business Report
Prepare a business report, to be presented to the Directors of your chosen company.
You must include the following in your business report:
- An analysis, using relevant academic theories, of internal and external organisational factors affecting your chosen business organisation.
- An evaluation of the business resources in your chosen business organisation that are used to meet its organisation’s objectives.
- An evaluation of key performance measurement systems.
- An explanation of the financial analysis techniques used by business organisations.
- An application of financial analysis systems and techniques to assess the financial performance of the final accounts of your chosen business organisation. For comparison, you should assess the Annual Reports of at least two of the business organisations that you have studied.
- An explanation of the role of culture in creating a strategy.
- An analysis of the role of change management.
- An analysis of the role and effect of culture on change management.
- An evaluation of key financial theories.
- An assessment of strategic implementation techniques using balanced scorecard and portfolio management tools.
- An application of stakeholder analysis for your chosen business organisation.
The stakeholder analysis should include:
• An analysis of the significance of stakeholder analysis.
• An analysis of business expansion methods and their impact on stakeholders.
• An application of stakeholder analysis to your chosen business organisation.
• Return and risk computations.
• An explanation of the concepts of corporate and business valuation techniques.
• 1x Business Report
• 1x Business Report – 4500 words
A comprehensive Harvard style reference list must be included at the end of the work that represents the in-text citations used in reference to the published work. (both in-text citations and Reference list is required)
This assignment requires 18-20 different referred sources. Please use sources that are new and updated and avoid utilizing sources that are not more than 3 years old.
Evidence to be submitted:
• Business Report – 4500 words