GET ANSWERS FOR ALL ASSIGNMENTS
Discuss and review the bellow questions:
- What three levels of planning involve operations managers? What kinds of decisions are made at the various levels?
- What are the three phases of intermediate planning?
- What is aggregate planning? What is its purpose?
- Why is there a need for aggregate planning?
- Briefly discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each of these planning strategies
(a) Maintain a level rate of output and let inventories absorb fluctuations in demand
(b) Vary the size of the workforce to correspond to predicted changes in demand requirements
(c) Maintain a constant workforce size, but vary hours worked to correspond to predicted demand requirements
- What are the inputs to master scheduling? What are the outputs?
- Explain the managerial significance of aggregate planning
- Name several behaviors related to aggregate planning and master scheduling that you believe would be unethical, and the ethical principles that would be violated for each.